The glaze recipe is my own recipe. I combined my favorite brown butter glaze with some cream cheese for these little delightful cookies. I didn't want a traditional cream cheese frosting for these...too heavy but the brown butter glaze was a little too sweet. So I added some cream cheese and PERFECT! It is sweet but still has the tangy flavor of cream cheese. These are like eating little mini banana cakes. YUMMY!
Banana Cookie Recipe:
- 3 medium size over ripe bananas (peels should have black spots on them but bananas should not be mushy)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (I used raw sugar but regular granulated sugar is fine too)
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix (if you do not have a gluten allergy then just use regular flour. I have included the recipe for my GF flour below but you can use a store bought GF flour blend).
- 1 cup finely ground nuts (I used almonds today because that is what I had on hand. If you don't have any nuts or have a nut allergy then just use additional 1 cup of gluten free flour mix instead).
- 1 cup Crisco (if using a generic then make sure it is not whipped because it contains too much water! You can substitute real butter or margarine that contains 65% or more fat)
- 1/2 cup milk (you can substitute almond milk, coconut milk or any milk substitute)
- 1 tbs. white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum or guar gum (only if your GF flour does not already contain it. Omit if using regular flour!)
Brown Butter Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 1 stick real butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
My Homemade Gluten Free Flour Blend Recipe:
Combine all ingredients together well. You can put it in the blender for an extra smooth texture if desired. I store mine in a glass container and use it in place of regular flour in all my recipes. This particular blend I really like for baked sweet goods.
Enjoy your day!
Gluten Free Casually