Brownie Cookie Recipe:
- 2/3 cup margarine (Use one that has 65% or more fat or else the texture won't be right. I used Kroger brand for today's batch). You can substitute Crisco shortening if preferred.
- 1 cup sugar (I used raw sugar but you can use regular sugar if you prefer)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour (If you do not have a gluten allergy, you can just use regular flour). You can buy brown rice flour at most grocery stores OR if you have a good blender/grinder then you can grind your own brown rice flour which is less expensive. (Just do it in small batches so you don't burn up the motor in your blender/grinder!)
- 1/4 cup corn starch or tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (you can leave this out if you are using regular flour). Most Walmarts sell small little packets for under 50 cents each if you don't want to invest in a large bag of it.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (any flavor) or chopped nuts, optional. (I used mint flavored chocolate chips in today's batch but you can substitute any flavor you want or just omit them if you prefer plain brownie cookies. They are good either way!
|single packets sold @ Walmart|
I hope you enjoy these little heavenly brownie-like cookies. We really enjoyed them! They would make a great Valentine's Day treat. The dough freezes well too. The dough can also be pressed into a 9x13 and baked into brownie squares if you prefer.
Gluten Free Casually